There are 4 approved mount positions for your dashcam. You are free to mount it in any of these positions.
Side facing should face towards the sidewalk and buildings
You can mount a forward facing dashcam and a side facing dashcam in the same vehicle to earn double rewards as you drive. Definitely a power move 💪
Stand next to the dashcam - no further than 15 ft away.
Click WiFi button on side of dashcam to turn on WiFi
Turn on your smartphone WiFi
In your smartphone WiFi settings choose the Blackvue dashcam from the network list: Blackvue900S-.
Enter your unique password that is on the dashcam like you see below
Tap Join / Connect
In the Blackvue app, tap the WiFi button and the smartphone will pair with the camera
Once the phone and camera are paired (see instructions above)
Open the Blackvue app on your smartphone
Click "Connect to Camera" (you will need to be on the WiFi first)
Click the "gear" icon in the top right
Click "Firmware Settings"
Ensure the following settings are loaded:
Approved Hivemapper Network Setting
4K UHD @30 FPS
HDR Night Vision
The settings page in the Blackvue app should look like once you are done:
In addition to completing the above settings, you will also need to do the following:
1. Go to the settings by tapping on the gear icon on the top left hand corner
2. When you’re in Settings, tap on “Firmware settings”
3. From there, select the “Sensitivity” option
4. Three options should pop-up: “G-sensor (Normal mode)”, “G-sensor (Parking mode)”, and “Motion detection (Parking mode)”. You’re going to all three options and and turn down all the sensitivity to “Off” by sliding the slider all the way to the left as shown below (images provided)
5. Once this is complete, please make sure to Save the changes you’ve made. When you do this, the dashcam should restart.
You will need to format the SD card before recording and mapping. This only needs to be done once.
Press the “WiFi button” on the SD card for five seconds when the camera is plugged in.
That's it. Easy enough.