3. Connect Dashcam to App
The Hivemapper App is available for iOS and Android devices
Before pairing your dashcam, you will need to install the Hivemapper contributor app. The app is available for both iOS and Android:
The app pairs to your Hivemapper Dashcam and they work together to collect map data and upload it to the Hivemapper Network. Once you have downloaded the app on your mobile device, continue to the next step to pair your dashcam to the app.
One mobile device per dashcam: if you are running multiple Hivemapper Dashcams simultaneously (e.g. front-facing and side-facing) you will need to pair each with a mobile device.
- 1.Open the Hivemapper app on your mobile device.
- 2.Tap "Set up my Dashcam" from the intro menu of the app.
- 3.Tap "Begin set up" after you acknowledge the hardware temperature warning.
- 4.If you haven't already, power on the Hivemapper Dashcam by connecting the power cord to the device and plugging it into your vehicle's auxiliary power outlet (also known as cigarette lighter). Wait until all three lights on the back of the dashcam illuminate. This can take up to 60 seconds.
- 5.Allow location services and notifications when prompted.
- 6.Be sure your mobile device Wi-Fi is turned on. The Hivemapper dashcam uses it's own network (e.g. "dashcam-2ed44f49") to connect to your mobile device over Wi-Fi.
- 7.Follow the instructions in the app to pair your dashcam to your mobile device via Wi-Fi. The password for the dashcam Wi-Fi is "hivemapper" (all lowercase).
- 8.You're done once you see the "Success" screen in the app. The dashcam is now paired to your mobile device and you can begin mapping.
After you pair your dashcam, you will be prompted to connect your wallet so you can receive your HONEY rewards. The Hivemapper app is integrated with Phantom to seamlessly deposit HONEY token rewards into your wallet. Phantom makes it easy to receive, store, and send tokens on the Solana blockchain.
- 1.Press the "Connect wallet" button in the Hivemapper app
- 2.You will automatically be directed to Phantom to log in
- 3.In Phantom, tap "Conncect" to establish a connection with the Hivemapper app
- 4.You should now be logged in and redirected back to the Hivemapper app
- 2.Follow the steps in this video if you are having trouble creating a Phantom wallet or want a more in depth tutorial on how to use Phantom
- 3.Once you have downloaded the app and created a Phantom wallet, follow the steps above to establish a connection to the Hivemapper app
Need help with your Phantom wallet? Reach out to Phantom Support. Hivemapper has limited capabilities to troubleshoot issues with your wallet.
This video shows how you connect to your Phantom wallet.
Unlike a normal wallet, which can hold actual cash, crypto wallets technically don’t store your crypto. Your holdings live on the blockchain, but can only be accessed using a private key. Your keys prove your ownership of your crypto and allow you to make transactions. If you lose your private keys, you lose access to your crypto.
A recovery phrase (or “seed phrase”) is basically a human-readable form of your wallet's private key—the unique, secret passcode used to authenticate and encrypt your wallet access. Be sure to store your Secret Recovery Phrase in a safe location. This is the only way to recover your wallet.
- Hivemapper will never ask for your Secret Recovery Phase
- Neither Hivemapper nor Phantom have access to your Secret Recovery Phrase
- Wallets cannot be restored without your Secret Recovery Phrase
- Do not share your Secret Recovery Phase with anyone
Keep your HONEY tokens secure by protecting your Secret Recovery Phrase! Hivemapper has no control over your HONEY once it's in your wallet.
After successfully mounting the dashcam, pairing it to the Hivemapper app, and connecting your wallet... you're ready to start mapping!